For a number of years, false Krugerrands were produced and manufactured in China. Made mostly with a core of tungsten and gold plated.
A fake almost weighs the same as a real Krugerrand with the same measures.
Sometimes we can spot thanks to their color golden yellow rather than a true dew Krugerrand.
Read also : the first one ounce gold coin : the Krugerrand.
Remember an old saying about gold :
« Gold sounding and stumbling »
A Kruggerand that is rotated and ringing in his swing and his swing on a table or glass will have a more serious and much less acute than genuine Krugerrand.
This method is also valid for most of the coins even gold but have often lower titrations.
Typing the wrong Krugerrand is generally well done with some flaws.
Here is a true and a false picture and the details which need attention.
1. Fake Krugerrand are more yellow than rosés
2. Details are not present in the relief of the buttocks
3. Details are not present on the tail
4. The shoe is bigger
5. The details in land cover are dispute
6. A line is missing from the Springbok flank
7. The rings horns and details of the head is missing
8. The coin looks as polished
Read also : zoom on the krugerrand.